Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can a permanent hair removal on the underarms be done twice a month?

is it safe and effective?



Can a permanent hair removal on the underarms be done twice a month?

If it's a permanent hair removal, then why would you have to do it twice ?????? ...Nuf Said



Can a permanent hair removal on the underarms be done twice a month?

If you have new growth, there should be no problem. I'd wait though.



Can a permanent hair removal on the underarms be done twice a month?

I just got my first laser treatment on my underarms and the RN said to wait four weeks before another treatment.



Can a permanent hair removal on the underarms be done twice a month?

permanent hair removal, twice a month??? if its permanent, your only gonna need it once... ever.



Can a permanent hair removal on the underarms be done twice a month?

Because hair is at different stages of growth at all times, you need to have more than one treatment to ensure the results are good. Most hair removal lasers only treat pigmented "adult" hairs with a bulb and a root. Fair hair or recently tweezed or waxed hairs don't have enough melanin for the laser to target. If you are really serious about treating the hair, you need to follow the instructions of the technician or doctor so you can get destroy the most hairs during each visit.



I had laser hair removal of the underarms about 6 years ago. I had....probably six treatments, total. I have one or two very fine hairs in each underarm now. If I still had access to free treatment, I'd do it again and get rid of those few that are still there! But all in all, I'm very happy with never having to worry about shaving.



I also had this treatment on my forearms. Believe me, I looked like a monkey girl before the treatment. My arms are smooth now, although I still have a few hairs that resisted the treatment. At any rate, I'm glad I did it. Waxing, Nads, shaving...all that stuff was awful. The laser did the trick.



Can a permanent hair removal on the underarms be done twice a month?

at my dermatologist office no. They only offer the service once every 4 - 5 weeks as they do not own the laser equipment. They have a technician from the laser company come every month to assist with the proedures.



I normally go every 2 - 3 months. I don't know that you will see the hair growth that you zapped fall out yet, so your next hair cycle may not have started. Check with the place you are going to.



Can a permanent hair removal on the underarms be done twice a month?

No twice per month would be too frequent as the spacing of the treatments is meant to statistically treat as many active hairs as possible with the fewest number of treatmsnts. Laser treatments only work if the the hair is in the active growth phase. Generally you need 4-6 Tx to be able to treat 99% of the hairs in a general vicinity. The variance in the number of treatments necessary is dependent on the area of the body that you are treating. As a general rule of thumb, hair follicles above the neck are much more active than hair follicles below the neck. For that reason, you can treat hair follicles above the neck in 4-6 week increments. Hair below the neck should be in 6-12 week increments. Leg follicles are the least active and something like 30-40% of the follicles are active at any given time.



I have had 4 Tx done on my neck and my wife had her UA, bikini and legs done. The treatments worked great and 6 years later I do not have any regrowth. My wife also had great results and her UA and bikini areas have not seen regrowth. For her legs, she only had 2 Tx so the hair was thinned but not completely removed.



If you go to www.HairRemovalForum.com you can get a clear understanding of how the various technologies work on different body parts. That site also has a list of providers and with www.SignatureForum.com they rate providers nationwide. The most important thing related to getting good results is to go to someone who knows what they are doing and utilize the latest technology. It is also much better to go to someone who OWNS their laser. I have witnessed really bad situations with mobile laser rental systems where calibrations get messed up and patients are either over or under treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment